What you need to know about planning your Walt Disney World® vacation in 2021
Planning for Disney in the coming year is a bit different than in years past. Luckily, your mouse expert stays up to date on all the changes. Here are some things you need to know as you begin planning to travel to Disney in 2021.
- Prioritize getting park reservations – Park reservations are required currently through 2021. In order to make a park reservation for one of the four Disney theme parks you must have your tickets linked to your MyDisneyExperience account. These reservations are limited so we suggest you start planning your 2021 trip as soon as possible. You will be able to check availability prior to purchasing your park tickets or package reservation.
- Use technology – Familiarize yourself with the MyDisneyExperience app. Prior to departure you’ll want to complete your online check in. This can be starting 60 days prior to check in. You’ll also be able to use the app to unlock your resort room door at your Disney hotel, chat with a cast member at the front desk, check bus schedules, track your charges throughout your stay and more. In with parks you can use the app for mobile food ordering, PhotoPass photos, book or adjust dining reservations and enter the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance. You can also access fun features on the Play Disney App.
- Book table service reservations 60 days in advance – This is a change from years past so be sure to mark your calendar. If you are staying at a Disney resort you can make those dining reservations for your entire stay 60 days from your check in date.
- Find and practice wearing comfortable masks- Face masks with two layers and either ear loops or ties are currently required on Disney property for all guests 2 and older. Be sure to bring a few extras to the park for each person so you can swap them out.
- Remember, magic bands are not complimentary in 2021 – You can purchase these at a discounted price in your MyDisneyExperience account if you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort® hotel. Basic colors are $5 each and upgraded bands are available at varying costs. Disney will be launching a new system in 2021 where the MagicBand features will be available via the MyDisneyExperience App.
- While you are there, take time to enjoy all the magic around you! – There is still so much magic to be had in the Disney parks. Don’t forget to slow down and take in all the details around you. Be sure to stop for the character cavalcades that will come through the parks to wave hi to your favorite Disney friends. Look for hidden Mickeys. Eat a Mickey bar (or two). Trade some pins. Slow down and take it all in!
- Use a travel planner who specializes in Disney– We offer a great deal of insight on Disney vacations that you may not think of, especially at this time we are in. Things are constantly changing. We’ll keep you up to date and make sure you have the most up to date information when you travel. We help with everything from price watching, park reservations, dining recommendations, park plans, recommendations for grocery deliver, stroller and wheel chair rentals, transportation and much much more! Let us take care of the planning so you can relax and enjoy time with your family. Did I mentioned these services are complimentary to you when you book your vacation package with me! As professionals in the travel industry we were there for our clients through it all and we need your support now more than ever.